July 25, 2017

Luzerne County reaches agreement with Airbnb over hotel tax collection



Asian man holding Smartphone Samsung Galaxy S6 open apps airbnb
Copyright: chonlachai / 123RF Stock Photo

Pedri Luzerne County has entered into a contract to obtain hotel tax receipts from Airbnb, an online platform that connects people with available rooms, apartments or entire houses to those seeking lodging.

“The hotel industry is changing, and as such, how we tax and review hotel stays also has to change,” said county Manager C. David Pedri.

The county has a 5 percent hotel tax.

The county treasurer’s office keeps 2 percent of the revenue to oversee the tax collection. As specified by state law, the county Convention Center Authority receives 80 percent of the remaining proceeds for the Mohegan Sun Arena in Wilkes-Barre Township. The other 20 percent goes to the county’s Convention and Visitors Bureau for tourism promotion.

Without the Airbnb contract […]

From Around The Web

Sponsored Content by AdNow
loading...
About NGE Staff 9583 Articles
The News for the Gig Economy Staff is constantly searching the web for the latest news regarding freelancing and gig platforms to bring them to you in one handy place. All articles with this generic author have been sourced with the original location at the bottom of the piece. We encourage our readers to view the original source of all excerpts. NGE is a project of ARC Online, LLC.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*